Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 36: Wrexting...

I've invented a word: wrexting. Writerly texting. My literary club partner lives in an area that gets very sparse cell phone coverage, so, for the past 2 nights we've been talking writing via text. Last night, we decided to do some character development sheets for each other's characters. This is going to be fun!

I didn't do any CD sheets when I began writing. I was so anxious to get the story out. The characters just kind of grew from the story and now they're in control of what happens. I know the situations they will face but I'm not completely sure how they will react in most cases. I have a feeling this exercise will help me a lot.

In other news, yesterday I was a bad, bad writer. I hardly even looked at my document. I spent most of the day watching youtube videos. *hangs head in shame* Okay, so that's not really news...

I also entered a contest over at @NathanBransford 's blog, http://blog.nathanbransford.com. Just pop your first paragraph in the comments and Bob's your uncle. Go check it out!

Another contest over at @brenadrake 's blog, Brenda Drake Writes, will happen on Feb. 7, 8, and 9. It's a first line contest with AMAZING prizes. Do it, do it now!

More news, I love Ewan McGregor, just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Living the Dream Copyright © 2012 Design by Rachel Silberman to fit Leah Rae Miller