Wowser, it's been 20 days since I began this writing journey. Let's see in 20 days I:
1. Have done research but there is more needed.
2. Have written about 16,500 words of the first draft.
3. Have created the outline which seems to always be a work in progress.
4. Have delved into the online community of writers, agents, and publishers.
5. Have had at least three medium sized freak outs and one large sized.
But most importantly:
6. I have stuck with it and I truly believe this is something I have to see through to the end.
Outlining went really well yesterday, but I was still staring at it when my Husband forced me to go to bed. So here I am, about to attack it again. And I'm excited, seriously excited. See, I have this problem with starting things and then not finishing them. I'll get really into a project, work on it for a few days, then move on to something else.
I did learn to knit and crochet but I have yet to finish that afghan I started years ago.
So, the fact that I have been steadily obsessed (I wake up thinking about it every morning) for 20 full days is a really good sign. I realize that 20 days is not even a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of time it takes to bring this type of thing to fruition. BUT it's a big deal for me. And, the people around me have noticed. My family is all excited about it and proud of me. I have friends that are very supportive.
This is not going to turn into one of those long forgotten projects. Maybe all those attempts were just me trying to find that one thing. At least, that's how I'm going to look at it.
Here's this because I love this song and if you haven't seen Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, you should!