Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 15: Can't Let the Blahs Get Me Down...

I woke up unwillingly at 5am yesterday. It sucked but I was able to get around 700 words down before the day took over. It was my Mom's birthday and she requested I make beef stroganoff for her. It was delicious but by 7pm I was totally beat. B-rye and I meant to sit down and discuss my book but he had a headache and I was bushed so that didn't happen. Kinda disappointing.

I did receive my book order. Writing Great Books for Young Adults by Regina Brooks is turning out to be a helpful read. I also began reading Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. It's so freakin' cute and witty that I'm having to fight to put it down.

I also read most of this article: To Outline or Not to Outline? by Timothy Hallinan. So, I decided to grab a cork board at the store and try my hand at doing a rough outline. So far, the order of events have just been in my head as I write. Plus, as I go along, sometimes the characters are changing things on me, taking me different places or getting me to where we need to go in a different way than I had in mind. I think its working well but I would like to have something a little structured for me to glance at every once in a while. We'll see how this works out.

Anyway, there's a little residual blah feeling left over from yesterday, but I have to shake it off. The only way to accomplish the goal is to keep going.

Sorry you had to see that lame pep talk.

Maybe this will get me going today:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Living the Dream Copyright © 2012 Design by Rachel Silberman to fit Leah Rae Miller