Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 14: I'm Not Afraid of You, Research!...

I think one of the biggest reasons I'm sticking with this story is because of the subject matter. I'm really enjoying the research. I've started a couple of other books in the past but I would always hit a wall. I'd get to a point where there was research that needed to be done and I didn't want to do it. At one point, I needed to do research on Hamm radios, digging a well, and castle layouts.

Number 1: I am in no way interested in Hamm radios. *switches on TV*
Number 2: I am in no way interested in how to dig a well. *picks up e-reader*
Number 3: I would much rather be able to GO to a castle than just look at pictures, so depressing. *goes to switch over laundry*

So, it's incredibly wonderful that the research needed for this book is right up my alley. A lot of it is on a subject that I already knew a ton about.

I'm sure things might pop up that I'll need to look into, but I'm thinking of approaching that in different ways. Facebook and Twitter will be my friend. If I have a weapons question, I know a lot of guys on FB who do the whole hunting thing, heck my Father-in-Law would be a perfect resource. If I need information on the meaning of gems, I'm sure there's someone on Twitter who I can trust to be knowledgeable about that. Actually, I'd probably want to look into that one.

Anyway, you catch my drift. Interesting research = happy writer.

Here's a little something that's on my writing playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Living the Dream Copyright © 2012 Design by Rachel Silberman to fit Leah Rae Miller