Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 19: Outline, Here I Come...

B-Rye was a big help last night. I was able to clue him in on the whole story and give him a feel of where I want to go with it. We also talked about my process and how I've been writing so far. Our conversation did make me realize something though.

So, I've written about 15,000 words. I know my characters pretty well and I know what kind of mood I want the book to have. Then why do I feel like I'm floundering?

Because I need structure!!! I need a map to follow. I need an outline...

The cork board is blank and so are the index cards. I need to clear a spot on the floor and get to work. I'll find my favorite pen (the one with the fine point because it makes me write pretty :) ). I'll make a playlist only of songs that I know all the words to so I can sing along. Whistle while you work and all that, right?

Sing it, Freddie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Living the Dream Copyright © 2012 Design by Rachel Silberman to fit Leah Rae Miller