Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 33: It Makes Me Sad All Day...

I can't read!!! I mean, I can't read while I'm writing. Anytime I set down to read I feel like that time would be better spent thinking about my novel. Plus, its like I can't just enjoy the book. I read it as a writer, analyzing the characters' motivation or the author's description. Writing has sucked all the fun out of reading for me! And it makes me sad all day.

I can't read YA because I start thinking, "Man, this is so much better than what I'm doing." I can't read my favorite genre of romance which is Regency because I don't want my writing to all of a sudden turn into lots of "Old chaps" and tonish this and that.

I guess I just have to finish this first draft before I'm able to allow myself to read. Could I just... I just need to... Excuse me for one second...

AAAARRRRGGGG!!!!

*deep breath* Okay, I'm back.

Oh well, if that's the way it has to go then so be it. I'll just have to put on my big girl panties and get to work. I'll just chuck this up to another motivation for finishing. Forget finding an agent and getting published, I WANT TO READ A BOOK!

Obviously, I'm feeling a little bonkers today so here's a song that just feeds that state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Living the Dream Copyright © 2012 Design by Rachel Silberman to fit Leah Rae Miller