Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 34: Its My World, I'll Do What I Want...

I'm about to hit 25,000 words today which is about a fourth to a third of my book. I set my goal at 100,000 so when I edit I'll have room to cut stuff. I'm sure this isn't a sure fire plan, but it makes sense to me.

I'm about to write a scene that has, has, has to be excellent. But, the cool thing about it is it takes place in a world of my creation. This world is so fantastical that I can basically do anything I want. I love that about writing fantasy. There's no question of "Is that even possible?", because "Yes, it is possible. I created it and if I want it to be possible, it is." It also puts a little bit of pressure on me. I don't want the readers to think, "Man, she could have done anything she wanted and THIS is what she came up with?". But that's okay. I believe I work better under pressure :)

On another topic, I can't believe the amount of support I've been receiving from friends. And by friends I mean Facebook friends. People I would have never expected to be interested are, in fact, interested. I was so hesitant to announce that I was writing a book. I was scared they would scoff, they wouldn't take it seriously. Instead, they're checking out my blog, commenting on my posts, asking about the book, giving encouragement, and saying they're excited to read it. *sigh* It warms the heart! So thanks to all my family and friends for being supportive! I can't wait for ya'll to read it either :)

Here's the song that was in my head when I woke up this morning. I wonder what my subconscience is trying to tell me since I am writing a young adult novel?


And here's a little something I always listen to if I'm feeling a little pressed.

1 comment:

 

Living the Dream Copyright © 2012 Design by Rachel Silberman to fit Leah Rae Miller