Saturday, March 10, 2012

Shufflin' Saturday

Music is definitely inspirational for me when starting a new WIP. Sometimes I feel like the vibe I'm going for in a book can't be fully realized unless I find a theme song. This is why, last night, I asked my Facebook friends to suggest music. And I got a wide range of recommendations.

Commence the deluge of Youtube videos, Mr. Chekov!



MGMT


Portishead
(Already knew about these guys, they are awesome. Also, this is such a great video!)


Arion
(Dubstep Remix of If I Die Young by The Band Perry. Would be great inspiration for a fight scene!)


Alex Clare


Whiskey Shivers


Bonobo
(Good lyric-less stuff which is what I need sometimes to stay focused on writing)


Bill Withers
(CLASSIC!!!)


The Avett Brothers



Foster the People


Daniel Johnston
(I watched the documentary about this man. Such a musical genius.)


Lykke Li


So, there you have it. Post in the comments what you think or if you have something you've discovered that you want to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Living the Dream Copyright © 2012 Design by Rachel Silberman to fit Leah Rae Miller