Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 9: My First Write-gasm...

I spent as much time as I could spare yesterday writing. Mainly because I had gotten past the first chapter (ya know, backstory, backstory, flesh out characters, set up some conflict) and I was entering into the goooood stuff.

It was the scene where my hero and heroine get the chance to really talk for the first time. And it was AWESOME! Once I got into it, I couldn't stop! The ideas where flowing! When I was done, I sat back and felt my muscles relax. I was all warm and fuzzy and super happy and satisfied.

I've heard that writing can be similar to sex, that there's a release that happens. This was definitely my first Write-gasm.

I can see how this could become addictive.

I ended up with almost 1900 words. Yeah, I know, not a lot but enough for me considering what the words were.

Hubby comes home and wants to help me work on the story. He's the best. He ended up giving me a few really good ideas and a lot of encouragement. Then my "editor", a.k.a. my brother, a.k.a. Brian, a.k.a. Uncle B, a.k.a. B-rye (he hates that one, which is why I call him that), calls and has some really good notes for me. A couple I was already thinking and a couple that I wasn't sure anyone would pick up on, which is super cool that he did.

Anyway, all-in-all it was a great writing day and I plan on having as many Write-gasms as possible.

I also ordered a couple of books from Amazon:


The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published: How to Write It, Sell It, and Market It . . . Successfully (Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published: How to Write) By Arielle Eckstut and David Henry Sterry


Anna and the French Kiss By Stephanie Perkins


Writing Great Books for Young Adults: Everything You Need to Know, from Crafting the Idea to Landing a Publishing Deal By Regina Brooks




I know those How To books are just kind of a guide, that every journey is different but I'm trying to learn as much as possible about the industry. And its always good to have a reference book around.

I can't wait to read Anna. Stephanie Perkins's blog is wonderful and I've only heard really good things about the book.

Speaking of blogs, I found the most awesome blog post yesterday. It literally brought me to tears, as I say in it's comments. Here's Tori Scott's amazing post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Living the Dream Copyright © 2012 Design by Rachel Silberman to fit Leah Rae Miller