Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 3: What a little @Mention can do...


Yep, Stephanie Perkins answered me back which makes me feel great! I know it wouldn't be that big of a deal to most but it is to me. Waking up to this this morning just gave me more impotence to continue down this path. 

I read a statistic on one of those author blogs that said 81% of people who answered a poll said they wanted to write a novel but only 2% actually finished. I'm not naive, the odds are not in my favor but I'm okay with that. The idea that I could be one of that 2% is enough to keep me going. 

So, I really began the process. I just sat down and started writing. I ended up with around 4 chapter synopsizes. I don't know if this is the way it's supposed to be done (truly I don't think there is a right or wrong way), but I've always liked to write a nice long paragraph that gives a rundown of what happens in each chapter. Then I start writing the chapter above the synopsis. 

At the end of the day, I did a little more Twittering. Just so you know, Twitter is an AMAZING  thing! I asked a question of some pretty darn great writers and they responded! How awesome is that?!?! I really want to start reading the Evernight series by Claudia Gray, but I was afraid that immersing myself in that world would affect what I was writing. So, I asked Holly Black, Cassie Clare, and Stephanie Perkins if they allowed themselves to read other YA books while writing. Here's their answers: 






I still don't know whether or not to read... Who am I kidding??? There's NO way I can not read for however long it takes to finish this book. It could be years!!! Not possible. I'll let you know what I think of Evernight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Living the Dream Copyright © 2012 Design by Rachel Silberman to fit Leah Rae Miller