Saturday, July 2, 2011

Wow, It Has Been A While

Yeah, I've kinda been neglecting my blog. BUT, it was for a good reason... At least, I consider it a good reason. I've been working like a mad woman trying to prefect my MS and my query. Annnnndddd, I'm nearly there! I have 2 chapters left to really work on but I need to do a complete read-through so I can make sure I bring every little thing together in those last 2 chapters.

So, can I just talk about how unbelievably unnerving this whole process is? Well, I'm gonna.

My husband keeps comparing it to having a baby. I'm sure this comparison has been made before, but it's SO true! At first, you're excited but, also, scared out of your mind! Then, time goes by and things start to really suck. You're uncomfortable, you're starting to wonder if you're really ready. Then, it's almost time and all you can think is "I'm sooo over this! I'm sooo ready for this to be done!".

So, here I am. It's pretty much done and I'm still scared to death. I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's not stopping me, apparently. Like an idiot, I'm still going to go through with it. And, just like having a child, the anxiety and freaking out will never end, I know. But, you know what, this is the only thing I've found that makes my heart beat faster, makes my brain sizzle, makes me want to scream and laugh at the same time, makes me want to do this for the rest of my life! I want this! And I've always been the type of person that, if I really, really want something, I'll find a way.

Whew! Sorry, about publishing my own pep-talk but, hopefully, it'll get you pumped up, too.

3 comments:

  1. Lol! Having a baby and debuting your MS is a great comparison! Good luck as you cross the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news that you've made so much progress on your manuscript. Best of luck to you when you start querying! It is a stressful process, but well worth it. You can do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suuuuper late comment, but I've totally been neglecting the blog scene, too. Whooops. But I had to say something, because those last few lines make me think we're kindred spirits, for sure:

    "...this is the only thing I've found that makes my heart beat faster, makes my brain sizzle, makes me want to scream and laugh at the same time, makes me want to do this for the rest of my life! I want this! And I've always been the type of person that, if I really, really want something, I'll find a way."

    Yup. I could have written those lines.

    ReplyDelete

 

Living the Dream Copyright © 2012 Design by Rachel Silberman to fit Leah Rae Miller